« Home | A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE 2 » | A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE » | PREACHING: A GREAT CAREER CHOICE » | JOURNALISM: BEYOND THE FACE OF IT » | ALL THE THINGS I HATE » | BECOME » | OBEY GOD OR GO TO JAIL » | SELFISHNESS, LINGUISTICS & AA » | CLIMBING AN ENDLESS LADDER » | JESUS A COMMY? » 

10.5.06 

MAN BEARD

I am 27 and have recently got engaged. I think I am a man. But I need to prove it.
I have a really young face.
I bought an instant kiwi ticket last week and was asked for identification. The age restriction for Instant Kiwi tickets is 16. I have never once been able to buy beer without ID. Once I was refused entrance into a pub because the bouncer decided my drivers license was a fake.

Time for a sign of my manliness, a beard.

I am blond so I have to grow it thick to be noticed. I have tried a couple of times but it usually gets to itchy after the first two weeks, and I don’t have the patience to push past the scruffy hobo look. Winter is on the way and the breaded hippy look will be in this year so the timing is pretty good. Marcus lush has a great beard, but he has dark hair. I think the closest beard to me will be Brad Pitt.

When I think about it there are a number of great people with beards:
















































































I also note with great interest the number of problem people that don’t have beards:












































The evidence is mounting. My conscience tells me I am doing the right thing.

I also view this decision like a bit of a Sinead O’Conner act. She shaved her head so she would not be viewed as a sex symbol. My beard should do the same. I am engaged now. I should no longer have to put up with the scores of ‘glad eyes’ and wolf whistles I receive on my public expeditions.
Regular facial hair updates will follow.

Real mean have Beards, just shave ya neck to look tidy.

Post a Comment