« Home | BECOME » | OBEY GOD OR GO TO JAIL » | SELFISHNESS, LINGUISTICS & AA » | CLIMBING AN ENDLESS LADDER » | JESUS A COMMY? » | ENVIRO - MENTAL » | IS THE TRINITY AN IDOL? » | QUESTION THIS » | QUESTION EVERYTHING » | WWJD » 

8.4.06 

ALL THE THINGS I HATE


I wake up with my head still spinning from long island ice teas. I planned to really begin it today but my head is still twisted. I tramp to class through everything Wellington can throw at me.

The next two hours is short hand, squiggles and lines that I still haven’t grasped, perhaps because I haven’t done the homework. I have coffee in the break but it can’t wash out the throb in my head.

Next are announcements, people pipe up all over the class room and explain the scoops, leads and breaks they have got in their delegated beat area in Wellington. I keep my head low so no one will question me.

Lunch time, I sit with enthusiastic reporters who spend the hour talking about news and their recently published stories. I haven’t published one story since I moved down.

The afternoon is spent with guest speakers and inspiring stories. I know that everyone is looking forward to the session ending so they can chase up more stories and practice their short hand. I am only thinking about getting home or heading to the pub for a long island ice-tea.

And so I hope that writing this will kick that apathy, but I suspect that it will not. If there was a devil, it would be me.