« Home | JOURNALISM: BEYOND THE FACE OF IT » | ALL THE THINGS I HATE » | BECOME » | OBEY GOD OR GO TO JAIL » | SELFISHNESS, LINGUISTICS & AA » | CLIMBING AN ENDLESS LADDER » | JESUS A COMMY? » | ENVIRO - MENTAL » | IS THE TRINITY AN IDOL? » | QUESTION THIS » 

26.4.06 

PREACHING: A GREAT CAREER CHOICE


I can still speak in tongues. I tried it last night and it still works. Well at least what I say sounds exactly the same as it did when I was still involved in church leadership.

I know how to say all the right things.

I will write and execute a powerful sermon that will bring people to the Alter weeping and repenting.

I will do the eyeballing thing and I will speak with a whisper and then raise my voice loud so that people keep engrossed.

I’ll tell wonderful anecdotes and funny sidelines. At some points I will weep and others I will laugh. I will bring the bible to life with contextual background and padding.

I’ll quote memorised scripture left right and centre so that people will see that I have studied hard. I will walk though the crowd during my sermon and speak words of life and prophesy over various people in the crowd.

I will guide the church in where the spirit is leading us.

I will conclude with a challenge and people will come up weeping and needing help.
I will be prophesy over people, cast out demons, lead people to Christ and appear a spiritual giant.

That’s just the sermon part. I will look like a man of god around every corner.

It’s not hard for me because I know how it all works. I know how to act spiritual enough without looking like a loony. I know how to perform my way into church leadership.

There would be only one reason why someone would do such a thing. Ego.

Those who would have believed that I was real if I did such a thing, are they stupid?

Could anyone tell the difference between me and the next person, who wasn’t performing but was real about their convictions.

Nobody in this world knows another’s heart.