« Home | NI HAO TAIWAN » | STEVE IRWIN » | INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN » | DEATH » | PROOF OF AN AFTERLIFE (AT LEAST FOR PUPPETS) » | THINK CHRISTIANITY » | NEW AGE UPDATE » | NEW AGE » | SCIENTOLOGY WEEK ONE » | BIAS AT ITS BEST » 

18.9.06 

NEW AGE- THE SUBCONSCIOUS

Don’t worry; my religious experiments are still going. I have been hooked on the New Age theme for some time now. I just haven’t been satisfied that I have got enough of a grip on it to let it go just yet. I’m nearly there. What I have been studying over the past couple of weeks is the philosophy of the subconscious mind.
I have been reading about the theory in a book -given to me by a close friend- called The Power of Your Subconscious Mind.

The idea is that the mind is split into two parts: the conscious and the subconscious. The conscious is the rational part -the part that makes all of our decisions, and argues and reasons.

The subconscious is the part that does the rest -makes our heart pump, our stomach digest food etc. However, according to this theory, the subconscious does much more. Our subconscious can make us healthy, rich, successful and happy. It has unlimited power and has the ability to affect our body physically. An example of this is hypnosis –which is believed to be direct manipulation of the subconscious. People are told that they have eaten a type of food they are allergic too and their body starts reproducing the symptoms –such as a rash.

The theory also states that the conscious is not logic and can’t reason. Consequently anything that you tell it, it will make happen. If you keep telling your subconscious that you are a fool, you will eventually turn out to be a fool. It’s kind of like your personal genie.

If I speak negative things about myself, like I have cancer or I will never be able to succeed. It will come true. So we need to sew positive thoughts and attitudes and we will reap positive results. This type idea is not uncommon and you can see it in many religions, including Christianity.

The book claims that this is why we see healings in nearly all major religions. It is not the God that we are praying to that heals us, but the fact that we are telling the sub conscious that we are healed. I guess that means that our subconscious is God, which actually means I am God.

Our subconscious is what actually made us; we started as a mind and produced our selves. Therefore we are able to tell the body to stop creating mutant or malignant cells and heal ourselves of cancer.

That makes me think that we should be seeing far more amazing miracles then cancer healing –which I have actually yet to see. The body replaces all its cells once every seven years. So if I loose a limb or break my spine I should be able to heal myself shouldn’t I? If I tell my subconscious, I should be able to grow new limbs. If my subconscious is able to keep my body in perfect health then I do not see any reason why I can’t live forever.

Then the book got a bit silly. It said that people can heal other people by speaking to their subconscious. Fair enough, I can understand that. But then it said you can heal others on the other side of the world by speaking life into their subconscious and connecting subconscious to subconscious in the spiritual. What!?! How the heck do we get to that conclusion?

This can also be very dangerous. The book says that you must have complete faith in your subconscious to heal you and should not even name the ailment that you have because this can cause the subconscious to produce it. I am sure that this theory will keep some away from getting good medical help. You have to be real about these things. If there is a tsunami coming towards your house you don’t sit there and say ‘what a beautiful day,’ you get the hell out of there.

But I do think there is some merit to the subconscious theory. Often people that pretend to be something end up being it, and some clever guy once said, ‘Man is what he thinks all day long. But as for me being God…I’ll have to chew on that for a while longer.